On June 30, DGERT, represented by Ms Ana Couto de Olim, participated in the seminar Towards lifelong learning – Future-proofing VET skills and competences, which was organised by Cedefop with the Portuguese Presidency of the Council of the European Union (PPUE21).
Future-proofing skills and competences for lifelong learning were discussed, with direct impact on the updating of vocational education and training (VET) programmes in the Member States.
The following topics were discussed:
- unpacking transversal skills and competences;
- implementing the EU key competences framework;
- Portuguese reflections on the role of key competences in VET and lifelong learning;
- Cedefop research findings on the review and renewal of VET qualifications;
- Portuguese reflections on future-proofing VET qualifications and programmes.
International and Cedefop experts participated in the seminar, as well as the presentation of the Portuguese perspective on qualifications and competences by Ms Ana Couto de Olim, Director General of DGERT, and Ms Ana Cláudia Valente, Deputy Director of ANQEP.